SIGNIFICANT FACTS FOR REVISION OF THE
CONSTITUTION OF THE AGONIS CLUB OF COLUMBUS, INC.
REQUIREMENT: The Compliance Office of The Ohio State University Athletics Department required the Agonis Club to separate the two historical purposes of supporting and recognizing deserving central Ohio high school athletes and financially supporting The Ohio State University Athletes. To meet this requirement, the Board of Directors of the Agonis Club eliminated all references to supporting The Ohio State University Athletes from the amended Constitution of the Agonis Club. The Board is recommending approval by the membership of the amended Constitution by two-thirds majority vote of the membership attending the Annual Meeting.
- In order to maintain both historical purposes, the Board incorporated in the State of Ohio a new, non-profit (501(c)3) club, The Sportsmanship Club of Columbus, Ohio, that supports The Ohio State University Athletes. This club will be run in parallel with the Agonis Club.
- Members of the Agonis Club shall automatically be members of the Sportsmanship Club unless the member opts out of membership in the Sportsmanship Club.
- Members of the Agonis Club shall remit dues to the Agonis Club as in the past. There will be no increase in dues for 2019. Dues for individuals shall be $50.00, dues for couples shall be $75.00, and dues for businesses shall be $250.00.
- The Agonis Club shall contribute a portion of the annual dues to the Sportsmanship Club for all members unless the member opts out of membership in the Sportsmanship Club. The amount to be contributed for the 2019 fiscal year is $5.00 per member.
- The Board will continue to schedule luncheons and events for the Agonis Club as done in the past. Proceeds from these events will support the award of scholarships and the endowment for central Ohio high school student athletes. The Board will continue to schedule luncheons and events for the Sportsmanship Club in parallel with the Agonis Club. Proceeds from these events will support The Ohio State University Athletes.
**This will be voted upon at our annual members only meeting on Dec 14th 2018